Monday, 26 October 2015

Pumpkin woe


The Daily Star has its priorities right. Hell indeed. 

Pumpkins and winter squash are my favourite vegetable; a significant portion of my fantasy acres* is given over to several different varieties. 

Currently we must make do with an annual trip to the local pumpkin farm. We've had to delay it this year and I really hope they have a few curcurbits left for us.

The Telegraph has this slighty less dramatic report, and an explanation as to why we should carve turnips instead, which was interesting. I love the shrunken head effect. If tomorrow turns out to be a disappointment, I will spend the rest of the week experimenting with root vegetables carving.

*That is, the incredibly detailed, farm-size garden plan that I carry around in my mind; all ready for when I find a suitable farm-sized plot here in the real world. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...