Sunday, 25 October 2015

Falling back


So much for an extra hour in bed! I swear children have an internal daylight saving mechanism of their own that means they get up 2 hours earlier when the clocks fall back. Oh well. It was nice to see the garden so early in the morning. We missed the frost, instead the garden is sodden with dew.



I find this time of year a bit depressing on the yardening front. When we had an allotment there was much more to do - and bigger dreams to dream in the quieter months. Here, the herbs have been cut back and the fruit trees pruned. I'm going to scatter some compost, but that's about it.

I have a few modest plans to make and a couple of books I want to read this winter. I have a few guerilla gardening ideas too. Mostly, I will be twiddling my green thumbs and awaiting the return of the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...