Friday, 24 September 2010

We're back

We have been back for almost a week, but I wanted to hold on to the deep peace of big open Norfolk skies, the joy of friendly company and the sense of possibility that you carry when you have spent a week away from the humdrum of your life, for just a few days longer.

As it was, I went into work yesterday (to help them out of a fix) and all that disappeared in an instant. Apparently a recession is an excuse for complete lack of civility and trust in the world of work. "Hell, you won't be able to find a job anywhere else, so we now have free reign to run this place like a battery farm".

This morning I arose early, reinvigorated towards my goals. When the debts are paid off, they will have no hold on me. I will be free to walk. I will be free to make my living by producing something beautiful and useful in the world, as it should always have been. I have put this one on the back burner for a few months, but now is the time to knuckle down again.

I came home exhausted at the end of my shift last night; but I came home itching to cook. One huge casserole later; and I won't be buying unappetising, unhealthy overpriced crap from the shop at work for the next 3 days.  Me £10, b*****ds £0. Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...